Friday, August 29, 2014

Loving in August 2014


We're coming upon the end of August this weekend so I wanted to share with you what I've been loving throughout the month. I have been experimenting with with so many different makeup products but I defiantly have a few that I've just been loving.


I'm going to start off with a shadow I've had for a while and that is a L'orĂ©al Paris infallible eye shadow in the shade 892 Amber Rush. These shadows have been compared time after time to the Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Eye Shadows so naturally I had to test them out. I actually picked up this eyeshadow color because of one of my Favorite Beauty Vloggers on You Tube. (We just posted her picture on our Instagram account, follow us there and see who it is ❤︎) So basically these shadows are like a pressed pigment in a jar. The formula claims to be 24 hr wear and water resistant however I haven't worn it that long nor to the beach, but it does last all day on my lids with a primer underneath. The texture of the shadow is wonderful and so velvety smooth to the touch. I have to say that when I use my finger to apply the shade on to my lids I get better color payoff then I would if I used a brush. Amber Rush is such a gorgeous Rose Gold Color and in my opinion this is a must have in every ones collection.


Another Product I wanted to shout out is my Maybelline Clean Express! Water Proof Eye Makeup Remover. This Product is so amazing. Now that I'm using waterproof mascara more during the summer days this baby has come in handy. The formula looks like oil and water but its oil free... if that makes sense. What you do is shake the bottle pour some of the formula on a cotton round and swipe the makeup off your eyes. It breaks down your makeup effortlessly and all you do is wash off your eyes with some water and your done. I also appreciate that this is a safe formula to use when I wear my contacts.  This is a product I've repurchased multiple times and will continue to do so.


Now, moving on to some new products that Ive had for a few weeks and have just been loving. The first one is this Rimmel London lipstick by Kate Moss number 14. This lipstick color looks so beautiful on my lips I just can't get enough of it. The formula is a tad less creme sheen than those of MAC on the lips, but when I apply a swatch to the back of my hand it feels much more slippery there. They claim to have a staying power of up to eight hours which I believe it can if you didn't eat or drink all day. I personally like to reapply my lipsticks to freshen up the look even though I can still see some color after lunch. The overall packaging of the lipstick is cute and includes a heart along with Kate's name in the color red. An important quality of the lipstick is that it smells great and is not over powering at all. I am so impressed with this one that I plan on picking up another shade soon.


I usually change my nail polish every week but this color combo was so gorgeous and it lasted so long without major chipping. I had so many clients ask me about my nails during the week. They thought I had them done at a salon. One lady asked me where I got my Nails Done. I responded with at my house... She was amazed. The Polish from Zoya is called Odette and the Maybelline is one of their Color Show line polishes in the color Gilded Rose. Gilded Rose looks amazing on top of any purple or pink shade. Test it out yourself, you'll love it.


I finally picked up the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip brow Pomade's. I love that the formula is waterproof and fade resistant. It really helps define my brows and allows me to shade them in while still looking soft and natural. A little bit of product goes along way so I like to take a little with my brush and mix two colors to get the right shade for me. When I do my makeup now I feel incomplete if I don't use this product. Its true what they say about your brows, they really do frame your face and tie everything together. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!


The last makeup item I wanted to share is another Anastasia product, and that is the AMREZY Palette. When I saw the Instagram Clip Amra Olevic posted announcing her working with Anastasia I had to look into that. I have admired her Instagram Page for a while and I wanted to support and celebrate her success by purchasing and using a product that she helped put together. The colors in this palette are so wearable and you can create so many looks with it (Keep an eye out for a post on that). You can use the colors on their own or mix the colors to create an amazing combo. I will be going over the palette in more detail in another post coming soon. I just wanted to make sure to include this in my Loving in August post because Ive been using it non stop.


I appreciate you reading this far but I have one more thing I wanted to share. I do not own this but it is something I want to mention. Now that I've started Exquisite Glow I find my self all over the place in terms of ideas and post it's all over the place like my purse, car, nightstand and computer. I know I can use a notebook to jot everything down but the girlie in me spotted a cute Instagram picture showcasing a Kikki K Planner and now I'm obsessed. I want to order one so bad but they are so expensive. I can't get enough of Instagram Accounts with pretty stationary and planner pictures. Pretty paper, pens and writing in calendars has always been a little obsession of mine but never really stuck to it. Well now I can, but for now I am using this little sugar • paper Los Angeles Monthly Planner I had bought at the beginning of the year and forgot about. Until I have a good idea of what kind of leather planner I want to get and what I want in it I will stick to this little planner and organize my self. I am digging all the gold detailing on the pages, tabs and spiral rings.

So that's it, there are more things I have been using but these are the ones I wanted to mention because they are the ones I have just not been able to put down. What have you been loving this past month? Tell me by leaving a comment below and let me know of anything you think I might like to try out. Do you use planners? What tips can you give me? I look forward to reading your responses.
-Alejandra



Psst!... I told you she wasn't going to make it a second week. She went on and changed her polish on Wednesday after posting a picture on our Insatgram page revealing a chipped mess. See it here.
-Exquisite Glow 

No comments:

Post a Comment