Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Lust for Nude | Maybelline



I have been lusting over the New Color Sensational The Buffs Lipstick Collection, however every time I got to the Drugstore to take a look at them I would find that they'd all be broken opened and swatched! How annoying right? Finally this weekend my love and I went to a Target in the area we were visiting and I found the Maybelline lipsticks recently stocked! YES!!! Not only were they stocked but they were also on sale. So I picked up three of the ones I had been wanting to try. I needed up picking up the shades 910 Bare All, 920 Nude Lust, and 955 Espresso Exposed. Here are some lip swatches:



910 Bare All-
I like this color but I feel like it could be a difficult color to wear on a day by day bases without a gloss over it for other skin tones. It washes out my lips but not in a bad way. I actually like how it looks on my lips.

920 Nude Lust-
This color is such a perfect nude.  This is the nude I see my self carrying in my purse day to day. I love the Maybelline Color Sensational lipsticks Formula. It is creamy, pigmented, and most important the smell and taste are not over whelming. There is nothing worse than a nasty tasting and smelling lipstick. This one hits all categories.



















955 Espresso Exposed-
Surprisingly this color is not as dark as I expected it to be, but it was not disappointing. I really love the color. Its an alternative to a Burgundy or Black Vampy lipstick color. The look is more of a Brown Burgundy in person. The Picture does not do this baby justice.


Maybelline Face Studio Master Hi-Light Blush is another product that was on my wish list. I'm going to be honest Mosaic Blushes scare me because I don't like not knowing what the shade will look like on my face. I appreciate its beauty in the pan but I had never picked one up for this reason, but here's to the first time. To be sincere I'm so happy I took a chance on this little treasure of a blush because I love the color and how it adds a glow to my cheeks. I decided on buying the shade Nude 10. You can see how it looks in the pictures above with the lipstick swatches. BEAUTIFUL. It translates to a glowing peachy color. There are three more blush colors in the line and I feel like I just might have to pick them up as well because I am so pleasantly surprised with this one. There are two Bronzer shades as well and the Light Bronze 50 looks like a color I would love.






The last two Maybelline Products I picked up were two of the Color Elixir's by Color sensational. These are AMAZING. The Glosses are nicely pigmented and feel great on the lips. They have almost  like a plush or cushiony feeling. The smell reminds me of a barbie bottle of perfume that came with one of my barbie dolls when I was a kid. That probably means nothing to you but go have a sniff of one of these and BAM there you go thats what I was smelling when I was a kid. The formula is smooth and not thick like a balm. The applicator is soft and is almost has a furry feeling. The wonderful thing is that they wear great and last a good amount of time on the lips. I will defiantly be looking into picking up a few more shades because the price is reasonable and the color selection is generous.

What have you been Lusting over? Let us know in the comments below.

-Alejandra

3 comments:

  1. Love all the shades especially espresso exposed, it's stunning! You have amazing lips btw so any lipstick would look good on you :) x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alina, your so sweet for saying that.

      Delete
  2. I totally agree. Espresso exposed looked amazing on you!! I'm lusting after a Charlotte Tilbury lipstick...

    *steph x http://aworldofmusicandbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete