Wednesday, August 20, 2014

The NUDES Palette Review | Maybelline New York


Welcome to the first official post on Exquisite Glow, I'm excited your here! Usually We would introduce our self's via first post but Exquisite Glow and I have covered that in the Introduction & About pages above. Just click on those lovely tabs if you haven't =)

Today I wanted to cover this new palette Ive been using non stop. That is The NUDES by Maybelline New York. I came across this palette while on a rouge trip to Ulta and picked it up faster than my brain could process the action. The shades in the palette made it such an impulse buy. I thought for $9.99 why not just throw it in the bag. The palette seemed to have quite similar shades to those of the Urban Decay Naked 2 and Stila In the Light palettes so I thought I'd play around with them a tad and see if the shades were comparable.

The NUDES palette is designed so that it takes the guess work out of putting eye looks together. Very convenient may I say for those starting off with makeup, making this a must have for young girls. The palette works as Quads, Trios, Duos or however you please really.
The way I look at it I would possibly choose the QUAD's for and evening or night look. Here are the combinations:



For a day look or lunch date I would opt for a TRIO look. These selections are perfect for School and Work.


Now for the days where your more of in a rush or just want to add a bit of color to your eyes without going overboard then the DUOS are the way to go.


As you can see this palette is extremely versatile and in my opinion genius. I have quite a few palettes that can be difficult to to figure out if your not experienced with makeup. Lets get into the swatches shall we? So, as I mentioned before the palette caught my eye due to it being so similar to the UD Naked 2 and Stila In the Light palettes. As you can see the swatches below the pigmentation on a few of these was defiantly lacking in awe. The picture on the left showcases the top row shades. Lets just name them 1-6.

Row One: Shade One, is a great iridescent shade and looks fabulous as a brow highlight and inner corner of the eye. Shade Two, is a satin finish taupe that looks great allover the lid or just in the crease to deepen up the look. Shade Three, really just looks good as a brow high light I have to be honest it's not my favorite shade. It lacks pigmentation and dose not show up that well on me. However it should show up if your of a deeper skin tone. Perfect for the lid in that case. Shade Four, is a beautiful cooper-bronze and looks great on the lower lash line and outer V of the eye. Seriously one of my favorites. Shade Five, is also a taupe with a more matte finish and feels more classy. Shade Six, is a deep matte grayish-brown color that is perfect to darken up the crease. Also you can use this shade wet and apply it as a liner on the upper and lower lashes. I have to say it is a bit dry and can swatch splotchy.

Row Two: Shade One, is a beautiful peachy-bronze shimmery color that looks amazing all over the lid. Really you can wear this color on its own and look just perfect. Shade Two, surprisingly has great texture and easy to blend. It seems like a satin but looks matte to me, its a great color. Shade Three, is the color I was most looking forward to. To my excitement the color did not disappoint, however it was also not as pigmented as I thought it would be and is more of a warm tone shade. I was expecting it to be like Urban Decays Half Baked and it does compare to color (defiantly in the same color range family, but cooler tone). Shade Four, is a dark burgundy-bronze color and is a great color to use and darken up the outer V and lower lash line. Shade Five, is a wonderful light satin nude pink that is easy to blend on the lid and use as a inner corner highlight. Shade Six, is a extremely dry matte black that takes some work to blend in with the other colors. Although some might like it because you can gradually build up the intensity of black. 

The palette also comes with a sponge tip applicator which I'm not a real big fan of but this one has a pencil like tip which I had not seen before on other drugstore palettes I've owned. One thing that it is lacking is a mirror. I really wish Maybelline would have included a little mirror on the lid inside. That would have made it just perfect packaging wise. 


Overall The NUDES is a good palette to have. I am really enjoying this palette and find my self reaching for it quite often. I hope that this post was helpful to you, if you liked it please let me know and don't forget to share this post with friends. Go ahead and share these images via Pinterest. I am so excited to get this out to you and hope to bring you more great reads. Lastly here is a look using this palette.

-Alejandra 


No comments:

Post a Comment