Thursday, October 23, 2014

Grow Back Those Nails Girl!



The relationship between my nails and I is a real complicated one. I have always been a nail bitter and to tell you the truth I believe I will be for the rest of my life. However I am able to train myself (at least for a little while) not bite and grow them out for a few months. I say this because year after year I grow out my nails and then for some reason (usually nerves) I take up biting again. Its a cycle.

So today I want to share with you what my nails can look like when they are beat up. Yes BEAT UP. Also I want to go over what products I use to help me grow my nails back long and strong. Currently as I write this Blog post I am on week two of treatment. As time goes on I will be adding pictures to this post to update you my nails progress.

Week One (last week)


Week Two (Today)


When I prep nails for regrowth the first thing I do is give my self a manicure. As painful as it is when my nails and fingers are at week one's state it is necessary to start off with clean smooth looking nails.  I use Sally Hansen Instant Cuticle Remover Maximum Strength to clean up my cuticles and maximize my nail bed area. I proceed by using a nail buffer to smooth out my nails and get rid of any ridges. To feed my cuticles some hydration I give my nails a drop of Sally Hansen's Vitamin E Nail and Cuticle Oil. I like to message the oil into my fingers for a few minutes. After my cuticles feel soft to the touch I then wash off the oil with some soap and warm water. After my nails dry completely I use OPI's Nail Envy's Original Formula to apply two coats on my nails. The instructions on the product instruct to reapply the polish every other day and after a week remove it completely and start the process over again.


Another product I use to help is -ibd- RECONSTRUX. I apply this solution to my nails in the morning and at night before going to bed. This helps to Rebuild and Renew Nail Growth in 30 Days, it enhances nail growth, strengthens weak nails and renews damaged nails.
The last product I include in my nail regrowth process is a dietary supplement, Biotin. Biotin helps promote the health of skin, hair and Nails by nourishing cells throughout the body. I intake two to three capsules a day when I'm regrowing my nails.

During these periods of insane nail biting I have to keep my fingers out of my mouth because they just seem to end up there some way or another while watching TV. So to avoid that I use my Aloe infused fuzzy gloves while watching TV. I do that for the duration of the nail treatment and by the end of it the habit is dropped (until the next set of nerves strike).

Keep checking back for my weekly nail growth updates. I hope you enjoyed this post and that is was informative and helpful. Please let me know if you suffer from nail biting and what tips and tricks you use to help yourself out in the comments section below.

-Alejandra

2 comments:

  1. Amazing post, would you mind checking mine? haute her girl hope you will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you put on nail and dries naturally or rub it in around the cuticle

    ReplyDelete