Wednesday, January 21, 2015

How to have Great Skin this Winter | Winter Skin Care Update



This winter has taken a toll on my skin, and I was worried there for a minute. My normal skincare routine was just not cutting it out for me anymore. I blame the weather and well maybe the overload of sweets I've been indulging in during the holidays. However that's no excuse, I expect my skin to cooperate and if my normal skin care routine will handle its business then I just might have to trade up for a better skin care candidate, at least for now during the winter. (see my normal skin care routine here)
It seemed silly for me to just dart out to the store looking for new products so I decided to look through my medicine cabinet in hopes of finding something that might work. The problem I was facing was dry skin with unattractive peeling... oh and lets not forget the little lines around the eye/cheek area, oh hell no! So as you can see something had to be done pronto!
Thankfully I came across two products given to my by a friend that worked at Sephora. I used these probably no more than twice, then they just got lost between all the products in my medicine cabinet. I decided to give these another shot since the claims hit close to what I was looking for.

Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel claims to have anti-wrinkle technology along to helping with rejuvenating, clarifying, and brightening the skin. I needed something that would deep clean my pores and not leave me feeling like I have tons of layers on the skin. Now because this cleansing gel contains both glycolic acid and salicylic acid it takes care of two things I was looking for. The glycolic acid helps to gently exfoliate my skin by breaking down the top layer and removing the dead skin cells that sit on top. This exposes new skin and promotes healthy cell renewal while diminishing acne scars and fine lines. The salicylic acid plainly helps with acne by opening up pores and combating bacteria. I truthfully feel like this product has helped with the texture on my skin. This product is for all skin types but I do have to say that if you have sensitive skin use caution with this product. I use this Product in as part of my nightly skin care routine.

Peter Thomas Roth Retinol Fusion PM contains retinol along with vitamins C and E. This Retinol Fusion PM encourages skin renewal resulting in collagen production minimizing wrinkles and evening skin texture for a more youthful look.  I feel that using both of these Peter Thomas Roth products together as part of my night time routine have completely helped with my earlier stated skin problem. Note this product in particular is for night time use because it can cause your skin to be extra sensitive to daylight. Plus using these products as part of the night time regimen allows for your skin to breath and renew it self because your not wearing tons of makeup.

After all this cleansing and exfoliation my skin needed a something that would moisturize it. I found two products for the job. I decided to start using up again to older products I had traded up for my Aveeno moisturizer.

OLAY Night of Olay firming cream is a heavy moisturizer that claims to firm the skin. It intensely moisturizes and works hard over night to reduce fine lines. For this time of year I feel that a heavy cream is perfect since the air is so dry and having the house heater on doesn't help with the skin situation. When applying this cream I like to message my skin especially the contours of my checks and jawline, I feel like it helps define my face. A nice thing about the this cream is that the skin absorbed the cream beautifully without leaving it Greasy. I use this at night after Cleansing and applying the PTR Retinol Fusion PM

I shower in the morning and cleanse my face using Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser from my normal skin care routine. I decided to switch up my daily moisturizer as well and opted for this oldie but a goodie moisturizer from OLAY.

Olay Complete all day moisturizer with SPF15 is a light, oil free, non pore clogging and helpful to sensitive skin. I personally do not have "sensitive skin" however it's fragrance free, light, and moisturizes for a long time. Perfect for under my makeup. I have to say that switching up my regular skin care routine products with these have DEFIANTLY helped my dry flaky skin. I had to share these finds with you, just in case your experiencing the same skin problems as me this winter season.

I hope you found this useful and learned something, until our next post I hope your doing great!

Alejandra

No comments:

Post a Comment