Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Un Clutter Your Vanity Fast! | How to Organize


Turn an ugly looking makeup mess to a eye-catching collection by organizing your makeup using acrylic organizers. Lets go into How To Organize your makeup. My makeup collection has grown significantly, it went from one Caboodle case to a Ikea Alex drawer quick. However having more drawers to fill just allowed for all my products to be lost, overlooked and just PLAIN. A. MESS! I started looking online for acrylic organizers but found the prices to be pretty steep so I decided I could do with out them. On a trip to TJ Max I browsed through the home department and found a few items that I am just fell in love with. 


This little three drawer organizer was the first piece I spotted. Now why would I want more drawers when I have the Alex drawer? Well, first of all its clear and can house items I want to use on the daily without me having to hunt for them. It is also the perfect size for it to sit on top of my vanity without it taking away from the space, and for $14.99 I feel like this cute organizer is a steal.


Here is a side view of the drawers. The compartments are long enough to store mascaras, lip glosses and blushes. One thing that I did feel like I had to add was little rubber legs (shown in the picture below) I added these because the organizer is so light that it would move when ever the drawers are being opened and closed. Another thing I liked about this piece is that its going to be easy to clean and we know makeup can be messy. 


The other amazing find at TJMax was this acrylic lipstick holder. This was such a great addition to my storage because I was at a point where I truly needed to display my collection and keep my lipsticks organized so I know what I have. Also I feel that this way I will get more use out of my lipsticks if they are out on my vanity, there is a better chance for me to pick a different shade every day giving them all equal love.


This lipstick organizer holds a total of 36 lipsticks, and I loved it so much that I purchased two of these organizers for $11.99 each! I purchased a second one because I DEFINITELY see my lipstick collection growing some more and I want to be prepared. I have officially become a lip product addict, and as a matter of fact I'm waiting on an order to be delivered today ;)  I also seen on Instagram this morning a new collection just launched by L'OrĂ©al called Collection Exclusive and I already have my eyeballs on that! So there you go, Hello second Lipstick Holder!LOL


I love the fact that the Lipstick holder is tiered and allows for all my lipsticks be seen and nicely displayed without them hiding one behind the other. However there are some lipstick holders in the market Ive seen without the tiers that are PERFECT to store lipsticks INSIDE my Ikea Alex drawers. These particular holders sit nicely in the drawer and allow them to open without the lipsticks getting stuck. 


This organizer I found at Home Goods and I thought it was the perfect addition for the top of the three drawer organizer. This one I have to say was expensive for what it can really hold, but it was an impulse buy. So here it is, it ran for $13.99


As you can see in the picture above this organizer has the space to set your larger items on the left and stand a few liners and lipsticks on the right. This is a real nice starter piece for young girls who are starting out with makeup. *Warning: Purchasing these sets can cause you to go a little cray cray and lead you to a makeup collection extravaganza! (You've. Been. Warned) 


These other three organizers I found were at TJ MAX by Madesmart Housewares. These here I thought would be the perfect organizer bins to hold my single blushes.  They are 14x4 bins and they fit perfectly in my Ikea Alex Drawers side by side.


What's neat about these bins is the rubber base, it makes it so that the blushes stay in place which is a big help. Unfortunately they did not have all three bins in the same color so I had to take what was available. At $3.99 I could not leave these behind and pass them up. Another plus about these are the little rubber legs under the bins shown in the picture below. They are a major help in keeping the bins from shifting in the drawer as shown in the image below.


The last organizer tray I want to share with you is this one I found at Walmart for $6.00 This tray has six compartments and is so helpful for separating your products. Its stupid affordable and perfect for the Ikea Alex drawers however it does float because the edges hang on the sides of the drawer. I like that but I opt to use it in my long vanity drawer. I have to say that this one does scratch easily but because it is put way I don't mind that much. The material is a more thin type of plastic and are not handled with care at the store. The price for it makes up for it, but I do have to add that if you drop this on a hard surface its possible that it will crack. Below is how I use this organizer.


That's it loves this is how I un-cluttered my drawers and made my self more organized. I hope that I've inspired you to clean up your mess and give your beautiful makeup a showcase worthy spot in your room.  I listed where I purchased my pieces and gave you ideas of storage for cheap while still looking expensive. Another item I put on top of my vanity is my makeup brushes. I purchased a glass rectangular vase from Ross and filled it with plastic pebbles from Michaels craft stores and stuck my brushes in there as a beautiful display. Of course they look extra beautiful when they are clean. Get a look at it, I featured it in my Six Must Have Makeup Brushes post see it here

Thank you for sticking to the end of this long post, but I really wanted to share this one with you all. We are coming upon the end of September and I'm planning posts for October now. Is there anything in particular that you would like to see? Let me know in the comments below. If you want to keep up with Exquisite Glow on a more daily biases see our social media Links in the follow tab above. Again thank you for your comments and support they mean a lot to me as a new beauty blogger with Exquisite Glow.

-Alejandra



3 comments:

  1. LOL. Nice EG at the end! And your organization is flawless. I def need to purchase some of those storage bins for makeup!

    Also I nominated you for the one lovely blog award because your blog is so amazing! Click here for how to accept your nomination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. clear acrylic storage is such a lifesaver when you start building your makeup collection!

    love katy @ THE RAWRDROBE ♡

    ReplyDelete