Monday, September 15, 2014

A Flawless Face | Makeup Products

My face is by no means flawless, but with the help of a few makeup products and a proper skincare routine we can get quite close to flawless in a matter of minutes so take some notes my loves. Taking care of your skin is the first step in achieving a flawless appearance, so make sure your taking care of your skin. See what products I use in my skin care routine here

Today I'm going to focus on the cosmetic products I like to use. 

Primer is one of the the products that's most neglected. Many have the mind set of I can do with out it and that was me. It wasn't until recently that I decided to incorporate a Face Primer in my routine, however I have to confess I don't use primer everyday under my foundation. I mostly use a primer when I have to attend an event and I want my makeup to last a long time. There are an overwhelming amount of primers out there and it is important that you find one for your skin type (ie. normal, dry, oily, or combo). The best thing you can do is research research research before you buy. Go online and read reviews and product comparisons, it saves loads of money. Personally I want a primer that will diminish the appearance of my pores and gives my face a smooth finish while holding my foundation in place. Currently I've been enjoying L’orĂ©al’s Studio Secrets Professional Magic Perfecting Base.



I do have to warn you that this jar of primer is SMALL. I put these little bow studs next the jar to give you an idea of how small it was but looking at the picture now I feel like the jar looks super big. This product can run under $10 depending on where you buy it. Target & Walmart currently has a lower price than Ulta. 


The product is a light pink paste formula as you can see above in the jar and on my hand.


The key to this product is to smooth it out quickly without over working it into the skin. You want to apply it as a thin layer over your problem areas like the forehead, cheeks or anywhere there are large pores and fine lines you want to fade out.

The image above shows how the product starts to dry up and crumble when you over (rub) work it into the skin. The image below shows what it should look like, a smooth and velvety soft matte finish to the skin.


This primer makes the perfect layer between my skin and foundation. It allows for a pore-less fine line free base. A little bit of this product goes a long way for me, especially because I only apply it to the problem areas of my face where I tend to get oily and have the majority of my pores.  

The Beauty Blender is the ideal tool to use for applying foundation. I mentioned the Beauty Blender in my 6 Must Have Makeup Brushes post earlier this month (click the link to have a read). This little sponge allows for a streak free makeup application and wastes little product which is a big plus in my book. Using the beauty blender wet makes it so that the sponge does not soak up your foundation. Instead the foundation sits on top of the sponge and delivers the product to your face by simply bouncing the sponge on your skin leaving you with an airbrushed look. 
I like to use Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind Concealer in the under eye area to brighten. Applying the concealer in an upside-down triangle lets me blend the product down towards my cheeks and brighten up my face giving me a more Kim K look. Another reason I blend down that far is because it  helps cover up the pores on my cheeks. Something about how the light catches on the product helps diffuse the appearance of my pores. I LOVE IT!


The only thing that bothers me about this product is the sponge applicator, it looks so messy and gross but the product it delivers is divine so I put up with it

Here is a swatch of the shade it's called fair and the consistency allows for easy blending while being perfectly opaque. Best part is that its a drugstore product that super affordable.


The last Product I use to get that flawless face is e.l.f.'s High Definition Powder. It took me a while to warm up to this product because it can get messy. This powder sets my foundation and concealer leaving my face with looking pretty good! It is so finely milled that it creates a flawless and smooth finish.
This e.l.f High Definition Powder is a translucent shade. Although I feel that if you apply too much of the powder it can come off as a white cast on the face. I use this powder with a Sigma Large Powder F30 Brush to set my foundation and a real techniques setting brush to set my concealer. The picture shows how messy this product can be. This is why it annoyed me at first. I expressed that in a comment one time and almost had my head bit off by it... Gee it was an opinion about the product no need for rudeness. Any way IT IS MESSY even with that powder puff (I was scolded about keep the PUFF IN THERE) well its in there... 

Apart for the messy I do love the what it does on my face. The picture above shows the concealer set by the e.l.f.'s High Definition Powder, and it looks amazing.

These are my opinions about the products I use to give my face that flawless look I like. What products are you using please share with me in the comments below. I'm open to new products to try out so let me you what you like and what you think about the products I mentioned.

-Alejandra


P.S. Surround yourself with positive people who will support you when it rains, not just when it shines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment